I've set "clear email out" as a daily to-do objective every day for the last week, but haven't been able to do it. I'll spend a few hours answering and cutting down, and get even more while I'm doing it. The last few days, I've spent a lot of time with it and still wound up with more at the end of the day than when I started.
Some points to note:
1. I apologize if I miss something time sensitive. If it's short term important, please mark "URGENT" in the subject line. Normally you don't need to do that with me and I answer most of my email quickly, but I'm swamped. Mark urgent and don't feel bad about doing so if it's short term expiring.
2. If I haven't replied, it's not because I hate you.
3. If I'm terse, it also doesn't mean I hate you.
4. If we're set to meet or do some work or project in the next ten days or so, then yes, we're confirmed, etc, etc, etc. It's all getting done. If we're not currently set to meet or work on anything in the next two weeks, my answer is probably no unless it's short term important, in which case mark "URGENT."
5. I'll get to all of this eventually.
6. I'm leaving Mongolia in the next couple days, I'll only be in China for a couple days, and then I'll be in Tokyo. If you've got something that's important that happens on that timetable, please mark URGENT on it if you email me.
My old China cell number will work when I'm in China. I don't have a Japanese cell number yet.
Thanks, and apologies for any inconvenience. Also, please do feel free to drop a line even though I'm busy, I always enjoy these correspondences. But I'll be a little less prompt than usual.
Subscribe to SEBASTIAN MARSHALL
Get new posts sent to you. If you change your mind later, unsubscribe with one click.
You're a member of this community! Use the buttons on the right to vote on ths post or share it with others. Or leave a reply below.