Here was the plan for Day ten --
Next up --
It's Friday, which means there's 5 days left in this week's cycle. So far, I'm off-track on many of the metrics… I knew this week would be crazy with lots happening logistically, etc, But ok, let's get a solid week in.
*Already cleared email down from 170 to 90 or so
Next up --
*Head to PSB for visa, around 10AM to 10:20AM
--Got lunch at 1PM with Abe in Guomao…
…so between 10:20AM and 1PM… probably should,
*Do a quick blog,
*Review my core goals, including nonprofit stuff
*And maybe work on the GGW business plan.
Lunch over at 2PM or 3PM.
From 3PM to 8PM, largely free. What then?
Perhaps finish GGW business plan.Sales calls at night.
Here's the results --
Day Considered Started: 8AM (approx 7 hours of sleep. but broken sleep with appointments mixed in)
9:40AM: (80 maintenance -- mostly email, 20 general-life)
11AM: Transit, PSB. (80 general-life)
11:15AM: Relaxing, eating, thinking. (15 relaxing)
12:25PM: (10 general-life, 60 distraction)
4:25PM: (90 lunch/social, 30 transit, 30 general-life, 30 maintenance, 60 distraction)
--Didn't track rest of the day. Sleep, trying to make calls, call canceled by client due to emergency, logistics, power is out at Loft because they used 3 months of power in 3 weeks (…damn it) and the power charging station isn't open at this hour, sleep late, didn't plan next day.
Here's some anaysis --
1) I've been a little over-bandwidth,
2) Running around on broken sleep is no good for productivity, and
3) Tomorrow (Day 11) I'm just going to set no objectives, rest a little, let whatever happen, happen, and look to get to full strength.
Seriously -- not enough sleep, lots of miscellaneous stuff mixed into core stuff, and feeling a drag. Very busy but not very productivity. This tracking thing is nice, especially mixed with hard goals and public accountability, because I notice it and work to do better than it.
So, the "no sleep" thing is not a recipe for success. Day Eight's target:
Day considered started: 9:50AM (no sleep)
Slept around 8:20PM. Didn't track.
The day wasn't an entire waste, I had a bunch of errands, phonecalls, things like that. But none of the really high level stuff.
Basically I am good at following specific advice than general one. For example, if someone says, 'Declutter your room', I just think it is a good idea and that I must do it. But I don't do anything about it and forget it eventually. But if someone says, take three bags with you and methodologically go over each item, stating from your cup board and put them in one of the three bags labeled: Never used, occasionally used and expensive but never used and then go ahead and throw first one, store second one in garage and sell the third one. I really take it to heart and do it and I will never forget that advice.
Similar thing happened for weight training. For years people have been giving me lot of advice, most of it was inaccurate. But even when the advice was correct it was not specific and actionable. Then I stumbled on to nerdfitness.com.
Steve Kamb, who runs this blog, gives very specific, actionable and accurate advice. So I just follow him blindly. Even if 10% of his advice is inaccurate(which it is not) that will not hinder my progress because I am actually executing the other 90% instead of procrastinating.
Regarding weight training he tells us that we should select few compound exercises, do them for 45 mins every alternate day. The exercises being : Squats, Pull ups, Dead lifts, Push ups, Dips, Bench Press, Overhead press and Plank. He also asks us to avoid machines.
So I follow it religiously, every alternate day :