I think the world would be a better place if everybody just kept the Goodreads account updated. Here is my profile, if you have one, friend me up there.
Dude, put your focus on the first 11% (or so) of Tim Ferris book (meta-learning). Really, best shit he ever wrote so far, amazing. After that, you can try to learn how to cook and stuff.
Now reading (don't like audiobooks a lot, since I can't retain much information through them):
- This Will Make You Smarter: 150 New Scientific Concepts to Improve Your Thinking by John Brockman
- How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler
- Influence, by Robert Cialdini
- Godel, Escher and Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter
- Galactic Exploration by Peter Cawdron (scifi)
- The Prince, by Machiavel (so far, a little bit overrated, IMO)
The most important book I read last year, the one that calyzed more changes was Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, by Yudkowsky. No matter whether you like the original series or no, this fanfic about rationality (duh!), science and psychology is just awesome.